Friday, April 8, 2011

Opening Day For The World Champs

Today is the home opener for the San Francisco Giants.  They get to raise the championship banner.  Tomorrow night, they'll be handing out the World Series rings.  Things are in a frenzy here baseball wise.  And today, with the raising of the banner, the Barry Bonds trial - just several blocks away - goes to the jury for deliberation.  Any Giants fans on the jury?

This will be the second Opening Day I've missed in as many years.  I'm sure it will be on TV somewhere, and it will always be on the radio.  They got off to a less than desirable 2-4 start on the road in LA and SD.  Maybe once the hoopla is over they can get back to winning Torture style.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I think Friday was torture and Wilson stills has the name Heart Attack Wilson in my eyes. And then there was Saturday night (what an incredible evening with the rings and the classy ceremony!), bottom of the 9th 2 outs and 2 strikes. I was screaming from the crack of the bat, just like last year. As of yet, I have no tickets for this year, need to get some soon.

    ReplyDelete