Monday, April 17, 2006

Bleacher - and BoxSeat - Memories

I've got so many memories of both the bleachers and box seats (not to mention trips to other ballparks) that I could most suredly write a book. I started a book some 20 years ago, but only got as far as a pile of stories and a few observations. My experiences are linear and continuous rather that random and detached, mostly because the cast of characters in my baseball life have been this way.

Season ticket holders have the same group of fans sitting around them for years. And the general admission bleachers allowed people to sit anywhere they wanted, which was usually the same place for every game.

One of my best friends, Mike, who I met in high school, is in his 25th season of that humorous co-conspiracy known as going to games together. My wife is now my co-season ticket holder of 7 years, and she went to some games with me over 20 years ago.

I'll hopefully be writing much more about the stories of my experiences fairly soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment